Monday, February 16, 2009

Thrice is so...

lame. Look at these lyrics...

masquerade and revel in your opulence.
writhe unfettered by your stabs at ignorance.
swim through hues and whispered tones of heresy,
a dozen strokes to run your blood cold enough to believe
remember me?

you look so surprised to see me here,
with hells black wings did i over perch these walls,
for stony limits cannot hold me out,
and now you all DIE.

Ughhhhhhhh, it's embarrassing to read. Well done on sitting and trying to come up with the biggest and emo'est words you could think of.  I didn't care for them much anyways because all their crap sounds about the same to me, probably because I didn't listen to it enough, but I now hate them. Those are just horrible HORRIBLE lyrics. 
/wrists

6 comments:

  1. haha that song is no where near being about anything emo at all...it is a song about Shakespeare's(might be some other famous author i'm not sure) book about the black plague that killed like all of england or spain where ever it was...but yea the song is fast punk sounding not my style, right up ryans ally though

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was Edgar Allen Poe not Shakespeare the story is called "The Masque of the Red Death" pretty tight story, i remember reading it in school...tight

    ReplyDelete
  3. the story was, the ppl all boarded themselves up in the castle or some crap and the plague was portrayed as something living like the grim reaper or something and they all got drunk cause they thought they were safe and it came in and OWNED them all, tight story...why i didn't put this all in one comment idk /fail

    ReplyDelete
  4. regardless

    Thrice = the lame

    The air my lungs first loved
    Carves craters from my eyes
    They said "breathe deeply son
    Or be the next to die"

    It just makes me think of some sixteen year old angsty emo girl that writes her 'dark' thoughts in a composition note book and draws Thrice and other weak band logos all over it when she's mad at her parents for not letting her go to the movies. It's a small leap from Simple Plan. The clothes just got tighter and the hair got longer in front of the eyes.

    Idk, I'm sure they have some good songs but based on these retarded lyrics and the majority of the people who like them. . .
    /WRISTS

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way,
    all emo kids like Edgar Allen Poe.
    His books are underneath the Twilight books on their nightstand.

    "My heart bleeds black nothingness. I try to open my eyes but darkness ravages my aching soul. The rain is bittersweet agony. I feel nothing. My parents are calling me for dinner. The emptiness in my stomach beckons me to leave. Pain and sorrow and misery and death and black and razors. And the mashed potatoes my mom made. Until next time my mom says I can't do something I want to do..."

    -XxXxRazorsuicideemoloveandhatexXxX

    ReplyDelete